I had fully intended to make a nice healthy tuna salad for tea tonight, but time is short, work is long and I needed something quick with quite a low-calorie count – step in the Ikea food bag!
A Pack of Asparagus
2 tbsp. water
A Poached Egg (see previous post on Perfect Poaching)
Salt and Pepper
This was a bit of an experiment as I didn’t know if the aforementioned Ikea food bags were microwave safe, but I was in a hurry!
- Wash, trim and place asparagus in plastic food bag with the water
- Pierce the bag several times (important!)
- Microwave on full power for 1:50 (800W) and leave to rest whilst poaching egg
- Poach egg as per instructions
- Grate cheese
- Drain asparagus and arrange on plate
- Add grated cheese on top
- Place poached egg in the middle
- Season and enjoy!
If all goes well, hopefully the result should look something like this…
It was super yummy, took about 4 minutes to make and was only 190 calories; win, win, win!